Yesterday I was able to change out the theme to this site. I spent most of the day just fiddling and trying to get things to just work. I took a theme from the free repository and scrapped a lot the unused files.
There were quite a few that I didn’t really need. Many of which were WooCommerce ones. Maybe I’ll get back to that one day but for now, this site will be for just random code things I guess.
The thing I do need to get working is the SCSS compiling because there are a lot of classes that are not really being used. And then getting the JS minification as well. I went the super old school way and just copy-pasted code from one file to another. It was fun getting back to basics. The fun part was actually getting to use a decent header image that I took a long time ago.
Being able to use a photo of my own definitely makes it more fun too. I honestly don’t recall when I took the photo but I do know that I wanted to use it for something.
I’m sure there are more things I probably missed along the way but for now it works and the site is a bit faster too. I do want to improve on that little but that’s going to be for some other time.