It’s not that great. It really isn’t. I don’t always recall what command I used or often times what sequence I used to get things to work. The good thing being I can pull that history up fairly quick and know how to use it as well.

The history command is a great one to really and I use it when I can. For example, today I was trying to recall when I used a specific command and what order of parameters I used but didn’t want to keep pressing up on the keyboard so instead I opted to run the history command to get that and sure enough I saw the one I wanted.

The funniest part being I was trying to connect to the database and kept using the wrong order of parameters. Yeah. It’s been quite some time for me since I did that and I had to look it up. Thankfully, I was able to get things to connect and can now try and make progress on migrating things correctly.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how the performance will be once I do make the switch. Don’t get me wrong, at the moment this instance isn’t super terrible since it is just a fairly simple site that I’m running. Literally a blog. Just text. Well, mostly, text. There are some images here and there but at the end of the day, it’s not too crazy when it comes to processing power that is needed.

As I tinker more and more with Digital Ocean, the more I’m looking forward to making the swap over. This will be somewhat fun for me; again, very much looking forward to getting this migration done and over with.